Global Shipping Services Ltd. Egypt has extensive experience in assisting Rigs, FPSO’s, heavy cargo, towed units etc through the Suez Canal. This typeof transit needs careful and proactive assistance from the planning stage often weeks and in some cases months prior to the operation.The first step is to get an approval as well as an estimation of the cost of the transit. In order to obtain this from theSuez Canal Authority (SCA) for towing units through the Suez Canal please revert with the following information.
Towed unit detailed particulars:
– LOA / Beam/ Depth
– Maximum air-draft (from the water level)
– Transit Draft.
– Towed unit condition and whether any protrusion.
– Date of Last transit ( if any). Alternative name of sister unit (and last transit).
– Copy Suez Canal tonnage certificate (if any).
– Towed unit General Arrangements plan.
– Stowage plan.
Towing tug detailed particulars:
– Transit draft.
– Whether fitted with Azimuth thruster.
– Date of last transit (if any).
– Copy of Suez Canal Tonnage certificate.
Moreover, the following information is not required by SCA before towed unit arrival, however needs to be in place upon arrival.
Lack of any of the following items could add extra charges and/or delay the transit through Suez Canal.
– Stern bits suitable for use by the SCA rudder tug.
– Number, dimensions and types of mooring ropes onboard.
– Towing plan.
– Towing certificate.
– Confirmation that the towed unit is in good condition.
– Manned or unmanned towed unit.
– Original certificate of registry valid and available be onboard